DAO Vote - Approve addition of Community Oracle

Introduction

The community (@dreth / @cryptochrome / @brianchilders) desires to get involved in the StakeWise ecosystem. A way of showing support to the StakeWise ecosystem is to host a community supported oracle capable of voting on distribution rewards and validator additions.

As a result, the community oracle server has been running for the past three weeks, regularly submitting unofficial votes for rewards distribution and adding validators for the pool. The server is run by Brian Childers (Forum: @brianchilders / Discord Handle: Red.Beard (brianchilders) / Twitter Handle: brianchilders), and is running the latest version of the oracle software provided by StakeWise. The server will be maintained and kept up to date: software and hardware.

Server Specs:

/proc/cpuinfo

model name : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

cpu cores : 4

/proc/meminfo

MemTotal: 65798884 kB

df -h

/dev/sda2 457G 134G 301G 31% /

uname -a

Linux isaac 5.13.0-30-generic #33~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 7 14:25:10 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

In addition, Brian has released a community StakeWise oracle monitoring page, located at https://launchpad.eatsteakbewise.com/oraclestatus.html which will help drive transparency regarding the performance of all StakeWise oracles.

I propose to execute the specification to modify the oracle contract to add the community oracle to the list of authorized oracles allowed to submit official votes for distributor, total rewards and validators on mainnet.

Specification

• DAO calls addOracle function of Oracle contract with the following parameter:

• account: 0x27fdcb0b45b0991595BF4A8bECd43E1d8eB8E7d3

Vote

Link to Snapshot Vote Here: Snapshot

5 Likes

I can’t resist.

Aside from understanding about 1/5 of this I am truly perplexed on why Brian insists on referring to himself in the third person?

Author of OP I would like to introduce you to Brian Childers. :slight_smile:

:joy: Keep up the hard work sir.

2 Likes

From the desk of Brian Childers,

Zedster,

It has been a joy to serve you and the StakeWise community. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing what else happens in 2022!

Brian Childers

@Zedster - I thought I’d just share @brianchilders 's thoughts :smiley:

:joy: :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:

I am beginning to worry about this @brainchilders, Brian. :sweat_smile:

1 Like