[SWAT] Election of inaugural Bureau members

Motivation

The Bureau is a team of individuals within SWAT that are responsible for curating SWAT assignments, reviewing submissions and assigning rewards for the successfully completed tasks. As a team of 4, they will be the driving force behind coordinating SWAT members and spurring them into action. These will be the individuals that implement the Bureau’s agenda, specifically:

1. Increase the availability of information about StakeWise in all possible sources, setting priorities from time to time
  2. Increase community engagement through balanced assignment curation and trigger community action
  3. Enable SWAT to become the creative outlet for individuals / DAOs that want to contribute beyond the scope of available assignments

Given involvement of 4 people at once, this role is expected to be part-time, with assistance provided by the StakeWise development team if necessary. As we are just starting the SWAT program, many variables are still unknown, and it will be up to the first batch of the Bureau members to set course for the future, both in terms of the inner workings of the Bureau & SWAT, and the influence of these choices on the success of the SWAT program.

This role comes with decent responsibility attached, is public-facing, and will have a direct influence on the inner workings of the DAO; therefore, it only makes sense that the DAO members get to choose the Bureau members and rotate them if needed. Naturally, this calls for an election of the Bureau members by the DAO.

Specification

And so the process begins! We invite anyone that is adept at curation work and would like to contribute to the DAO on a consistent basis to apply to become a Bureau member. If you believe to have what it takes, then please comment below in the following format:

• Your Discord handle
  • Motivation to join the Bureau
  • Number of hours (per week) you could dedicate towards SWAT
  • Main areas of expertise (e.g. Storytelling / Analysis / Front-end / Community / etc)
  • The most relevant example of experience from the chosen field of expertise
  • Your requested all-in compensation per year

We look forward to receiving your candidacies and making the most of SWAT together!

PS. At this time, let’s keep that thread open only for submissions - any questions you have for candidates can come later.

4 Likes

Discord Handle/ID: Red.Beard (brianchilders) / brianchilders#9850 / 708868956592537612
Motivation: StakeWise fan - want to roll up sleeves and help the protocol.
Number of hours (per week) you could dedicate towards SWAT: 4-6 hours average - can surge up to 10-12 hours during busy times
Main areas of expertise: Community / Infrastructure / Crypto Practitioner (not a Solidity dev, but general understanding of how crypto works)
Most relevant example of experience: launchpad.eatsteakbewise.com / running of community Oracle
Requested all-in compensation per year: 48,000 SWISE per year / however I am negotiable

10 Likes
  • Your Discord handle: cryptochrome

• Motivation to join the Bureau: I love the idea, I want to see it succeed, just like I would like to see StakeWise succeed. The SWAT is such a unique feature that I am eager to help shape it.

• Number of hours (per week) you could dedicate towards SWAT: A few. Hard to say.

• Main areas of expertise (e.g. Storytelling / Analysis / Front-end / Community / etc): Management, organization and coordination, tooling/apps, Discord

• The most relevant example of experience from the chosen field of expertise: I have been involved in managing the StakeWise Discord since forever. I ran large-scale Discords before, and I know bots and I eat Discord configs for breakfast. I am an entrepreneur, started two companies and know what it takes to build.

• Your requested all-in compensation per year: I have no idea. You pay me what you think is appropriate. I am big on volunteering, but I won’t say no to some cash (or beer). I’ll leave this up to the DAO to decide.

• Anything else? LFG!

10 Likes
  • Your Discord handle: remche (remche#2194)

• Motivation to join the Bureau: Early StakeWise user, web3/decentralization fan, I would be happy to help the project with a great long-term vision.

• Number of hours (per week) you could dedicate towards SWAT: Few hours a week.

• Main areas of expertise (e.g. Storytelling / Analysis / Front-end / Community / etc): Infrastructure (cloud/devops and other F* words :wink: ). Developer on spare time. General knowledge of blockchain/contract. A bit of Solidity.

• The most relevant example of experience from the chosen field of expertise: On my github :
    remche · GitHub

• Your requested all-in compensation per year: Hard to say. Open to SWISE payout ! And a special Men in Black badge in Discord.

10 Likes
  • Your Discord handle: shoque88#9704
  • Motivation to join the Bureau: Fan of the project, crypto, web3.
  • Number of hours (per week) you could dedicate towards SWAT: 2-4 hours
  • Main areas of expertise (e.g. Storytelling / Analysis / Front-end / Community / etc): Storytelling, analysis, community.
  • The most relevant example of experience from the chosen field of expertise: I come from a completely different background - wine business, which actually requires a lot of quality storytelling! I’ve created a wine tasting group using social media, wrote many articles on this topic, some of which were really well received. Done a bit of vlogging, a lot of public presentantions, managed a 4 person sales team and won a sommelier contest (I’m pretty competitive and eager to learn). I’ve been lurking the crypto topic for quite a while and ran a small ETH mining farm.
  • Your requested all-in compensation per year: whatever SWISE you think is fair.
9 Likes
  • Your Discord handle: dreth#1988

• Motivation to join the Bureau: Wanting to contribute beyond moderation. I think this initiative is important and I want to directly be part of it.

• Number of hours (per week) you could dedicate towards SWAT: 2-4 Hours, maybe more depending on the week, ideally with key/niche tasks that I could be especially good at helping with.

• Main areas of expertise: Data, DeFi-related analysis, some (still limited) solidity code auditing knowledge, some basic web development, general coordination/writing.

• The most relevant example of experience from the chosen field of expertise: I love programming, algorithmic problem solving and general data understanding, have a few years of data science experience in very distinct industries and been playing with DeFi since mid 2019 (a few months after the deployment of Uni V1) and I’d consider myself an avid user, I’m almost always up to date on anything related to this market.

• Your requested all-in compensation per year: Up to the DAO and other bureau peers.

9 Likes
  • Your Discord handle: @Woody0x
  • Motivation to join the Bureau: Strong believer of the protocol and have an in depth understanding of StakeWise and the greater liquid staking ecosystem. Currently in my free time I am interacting with the community on discord / telegram to help better educate new users and maintain a presence of the community being actively engaged.
  • Number of hours (per week) you could dedicate towards SWAT: 5-10 ish hours
  • Main areas of expertise: Community building, narrative pushing, tokenomics, defi analysis, mediation of unruly forum / discord users.
  • The most relevant example of experience from the chosen field of expertise: Part of a team that recently published a report on StakeWise along with our social media outreach and campaign to educate the greater crypto ecosystem about liquid staking and even more so StakeWise itself. Have also published a few forum ideas from revised tokenomics to revenue distribution and vote locking ideas.
  • Your requested all-in compensation per year: Up to the DAO and what they feel fair compensation is for expected responsibilities.
7 Likes

Thank you all for your bids! This thread is now closed - we’ll continue with the next step tomorrow!

3 Likes