Utilize rETH2 in DAO treasury to Generate Yield

@bZ1 G, I think it’s time to submit this as a formal SWIP! Pls consult with Dimi re specification part where the txs need to be written up. Let’s Fkn Go!!!

2 Likes

@kiriyha Will do. I will look into drafting up a formal SWIP this weekend and will reach out to DImi for help on the specification part.

2 Likes

One thing that’s still unclear is how this plan will work in relation to the plan to distribute treasury funds to token holders?

1 Like

@ottodv i believe the treasury distribution was not considered to happen retrospectively ie distribution would only affect the incoming Treasury revenue stream. still a question of what to do with the funds in the Treasury accumulated so far, and this proposal aims to address this.

2 Likes

If it’s not for distribution, then what’s the purpose of the funds in the treasury?
For instance: Is it a fund to cover possible slashing losses?
That’s something that would make sense to keep funds for.
There may be other purposes.

1 Like

@ottodv All good points. In the meantime, we can grow the funds in the treasury and figure out what to do with them later. I spoke to Dimi and he mentioned he will think about a way to include the distribution of the rETH2 that is earned from the sETH2 that will be purchased with this proposal, which can help increase the yield of SWISE holders (the same can be done with the other 50% if we so choose to use it that way). Could also think of the treasury as an emergency fund.

I am sure we can also utilize the rETH2 (and sETH2 if we would like to) to fund future SWAT proposals, investments, etc. (in addition to to paying in SWISE as well).

2 Likes

there are some ideas on how to use the accumulated funds but in any case they’re community’s own, and therefore can be applied in various ways that benefit protocol users & SWISE holders. we just need a proposal in place to discuss :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anything the DAO decides:

• Future SWISE buybacks
  • Funding DAO operations
  • Funding marketing campaigns
  • Funding the purchase of another project (assuming the treasury grows to that extent)
    … etc…

Is it a fund to cover possible slashing losses?

Maybe that too!

In general distributing the entire 10% protocol fee as a whole may not be the smartest way to pay dividends to SWISE holders even, perhaps only a portion of it should be used for that task in order to keep the treasury earning a healthy income in protocol fees (as well as earnings from any other investment the DAO may make).

But that’s perhaps a discussion for another thread \o/

1 Like