V3 transition

When V3 launches how do i make the transition from reth2 and seth2 to the VLT token? Do i need to convert my reth2 and seth2 to ETH? Then pick a vault to stake in to receive the new VLT token?

1 Like

Hey - we will be providing plenty of documentation to help users transition when the time comes.

In essence, there will be two options available to sETH2 and rETH2 holders:

1. Transition both tokens directly into the VLT token that represents the ‘Genesis Pool’ i.e. the current StakeWise Pool will be the Genesis Vault on V3 and you will simply transfer sETH2 and rETH2 into the VLT token for that pool. You can then access osETH using the Genesis Vault token. Throughout this process you continue staking with the current StakeWise operator set.

2. Unstake sETH2 and rETH2 natively. Any dormant ETH in the Vault will be available for immediate unstaking, else you’ll have to wait for the necessary validator withdrawals to claim your ETH. ETH can then be restake into another Pool/Vault of your choosing. Note, you continue earning staking rewards whilst waiting for the validator withdrawal to be completed.

We will announce when the transition guides are released on Twitter/Discord/TG.

2 Likes