Following the StakeWise DAO Governance Process as outlined here: [StakeWise DAO Governance Process] I am looking to create a voting process / election rules for official positions in the DAO. The first application of this process will be to elect members to serve on The Bureau.
This proposal implements rules for how StakeWise DAO members are elected for official positions with a defined expiration date - currently only “The Bureau” election is the application of these rules.
This proposal creates rules for how to deal with elections in StakeWise – allowing any member to open the election if the term of the post expires in less than three months. Candidates must be solicited on all official channels. Official channels are: general Telegram channel, Discord - #general channel, Reddit, StakeWise DAO forum. [Note: if we need to have a discussion on what the official social channels are, please comment on the thread.]
The StakeWise DAO wishes to kick off the SWAT process and needs to install members to the Bureau. In previous discussions [The StakeWise Acceleration Taskforce (S.W.A.T.) Initiative - #14 by brianchilders] it was suggested that we elect 7 members to the Bureau for a timeboxed duration of six months as a pilot program.
- When a mandate for an official StakeWise DAO position expires within 3 months, any member may open an election thread on the StakeWise DAO Forum [https://forum.stakewise.io/] to find a replacement.
- If several positions expire within 3 months of the same time at the opening of the thread, then the thread must cover the election of all positions of the same type.
- Candidates must be solicited on all official channels (as highlighted in the Abstract). At least one month should be allowed for finding candidates, and the deadline must be clearly communicated in the StakeWise DAO Forum thread being used for the election process.
- All candidates must declare their intention to run in the official thread.
- Candidates that intend to run must be willing to share “registration” information - one or more of the following (Discord handle, Reddit handle, Twitter handle); StakeWise DAO Forum handle; ETH Wallet Address
- Within 3 days of the declaration deadline for candidates, an approval vote on Snapshot will be opened up, where the candidate(s) with the most votes will be chosen for the available positions.
My goal is is to let this discussion run as phase-1 for one week, then create a phase-2 of this, combining the input provided by the community as a response to this thread for another week, and then submit this as a proposal (phase-3) for Voting Process / Election Rules on Snapshot. If there are concerns to this timeline please voice your opinions accordingly. Then after the rules are agreed upon via Snapshot, we can then start the election thread for The Bureau members.